Jeremiah had his last “goodbye” visit with his bio dad today. T (bio dad) had the visit supervisor relay the following message to Justin: “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much.” The strength and love it must have taken for T to say this leaves me astonished and humbled. My heart is saddened by his loss. Yet, I am so thankful to have such a precious boy as part of my life.
Tracy Dee Whitt
search for your favorite subjectABA abuse adoption attachment attachment issues Autism Autism Spectrum Disorder behaviors birth family bonding communication compassion CPS DHS Dr. Bruce Perry emotions family feelings foster care girl inclusion mood disorder negative behaviors negativity neglect nonverbal nonverbal Autism ODD Oppositional Defiance Disorder parenting PTSD RAD Reactive Attachment Disorder Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) special education special needs termination therapy trauma vacation
Top Posts & Pages
- why consequences & rewards don't work for hurting children (adoption/foster)
- orphanages in America & 5 things you can do to help
- how to help your adopted/foster child sleep (sleep issues part 2)
- why adopted and foster children have sleep issues (sleep issues part 1)
- inclusion vs exclusion: special needs in the classroom
- should I change my adopted child's name?
- attachment in adoption & foster care: the first things we need to know
- it's not "just a kid thing": behaviors in adopted and foster children
- tips on bonding with an adopted or foster child
- detecting attachment issues (adoption/foster)