I was taking a survey for Adoptive Families, when I came upon this question, “How long was it, in months, from the time you were certified as a foster parent to the time you were matched with the child you ultimately adopted?” The first choice was, “less than one month.” The second choice was, “one to three months.”
It is exciting to remember the happier details of our foster process. I recently heard Justin telling someone that we were certified one day and Pumpkin came the following day. But it even gets better than that. We were actually certified a couple hours before she came, she arrived the SAME day we were certified!!!! She needed a home, and God knew which one He wanted her in. I don’t leave much to chance anymore, I believe God’s hand is in more than we could ever imagine.
Tracy Dee Whitt
search for your favorite subjectABA abuse adoption attachment attachment issues Autism Autism Spectrum Disorder behaviors birth family bonding communication compassion CPS DHS Dr. Bruce Perry emotions family feelings foster care girl inclusion mood disorder negative behaviors negativity neglect nonverbal nonverbal Autism ODD Oppositional Defiance Disorder parenting PTSD RAD Reactive Attachment Disorder Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) special education special needs termination therapy trauma vacation
Top Posts & Pages
- how to help your adopted/foster child sleep (sleep issues part 2)
- why consequences & rewards don't work for hurting children (adoption/foster)
- orphanages in America & 5 things you can do to help
- inclusion vs exclusion: special needs in the classroom
- why adopted and foster children have sleep issues (sleep issues part 1)
- it's not "just a kid thing": behaviors in adopted and foster children
- attachment in adoption & foster care: the first things we need to know
- should I change my adopted child's name?
- attachment in adoption - the first things we need to know