I was taking a survey for Adoptive Families, when I came upon this question, “How long was it, in months, from the time you were certified as a foster parent to the time you were matched with the child you ultimately adopted?” The first choice was, “less than one month.” The second choice was, “one to three months.”
It is exciting to remember the happier details of our foster process. I recently heard Justin telling someone that we were certified one day and Pumpkin came the following day. But it even gets better than that. We were actually certified a couple hours before she came, she arrived the SAME day we were certified!!!! She needed a home, and God knew which one He wanted her in. I don’t leave much to chance anymore, I believe God’s hand is in more than we could ever imagine.
Tracy Dee Whitt
search for your favorite subjectABA abuse adoption attachment attachment issues Autism Autism Spectrum Disorder behaviors birth family bonding communication compassion CPS DHS Dr. Bruce Perry emotions family feelings foster care girl inclusion mood disorder negative behaviors negativity neglect nonverbal nonverbal Autism ODD Oppositional Defiance Disorder parenting PTSD RAD Reactive Attachment Disorder Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) special education special needs termination therapy trauma vacation
Top Posts & Pages
- why consequences & rewards don't work for hurting children (adoption/foster)
- how to help your adopted/foster child sleep (sleep issues part 2)
- orphanages in America & 5 things you can do to help
- why adopted and foster children have sleep issues (sleep issues part 1)
- tips on bonding with an adopted or foster child
- inclusion vs exclusion: special needs in the classroom
- should I change my adopted child's name?
- it's not "just a kid thing": behaviors in adopted and foster children
- trauma focused equine therapy (adoption/foster)
- 10 ways to bond with your adopted or foster child