Payton loves seeing the garbage truck. Anywhere. She has a movie that depicts the book Trashy Town, and she is obsessed with the trash truck and trash man. If a truck drives down our street, her ears are perked and she is checking it out. Today it was the UPS truck. She said, ‘That not Trashy Town.” I responded, “No, it’s not. It’s called UPS.” She very adamantly replied, “I not a P S.”
Tracy Dee Whitt
search for your favorite subjectABA abuse adoption attachment attachment issues Autism Autism Spectrum Disorder behaviors birth family bonding communication compassion CPS DHS Dr. Bruce Perry emotions family feelings foster care girl inclusion mood disorder negative behaviors negativity neglect nonverbal nonverbal Autism ODD Oppositional Defiance Disorder parenting PTSD RAD Reactive Attachment Disorder Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) special education special needs termination therapy trauma vacation
Top Posts & Pages
- why consequences & rewards don't work for hurting children (adoption/foster)
- how to help your adopted/foster child sleep (sleep issues part 2)
- it's not "just a kid thing": behaviors in adopted and foster children
- why adopted and foster children have sleep issues (sleep issues part 1)
- orphanages in America & 5 things you can do to help
- should I change my adopted child's name?
- attachment in adoption & foster care: the first things we need to know
- tips on bonding with an adopted or foster child
- inclusion vs exclusion: special needs in the classroom
- what emotion is my adopted/foster child dealing with?