Waiting on the Department of Human Services. As always.
Our attorney cannot schedule a court date for Jeremiah’s adoption until she hears back from our adoption worker.
Our adoption worker seems to be under a little bit of stress. I don’t know if it comes from her duties at the Dept., or if it comes from her home life. One thing I do know is that she might want to think about changing her recording on her voice mail… “Hi, you’ve reached Megan Cartwright. I’m unavailable to get to the phone right now. Please leave a message, and it will be returned within forty-eight hours. Oh CRAP!”
It seems that her life is a tad bit out of control right now, so I’m not surprised that virtually NOTHING has been done with Jeremiah’s case. All I can say is, I am SO glad that termination is done. The worrying is over. Now we just wait. And since Megan is in charge of that, we could be waiting a long time.
Tracy Dee Whitt
search for your favorite subjectABA abuse adoption attachment attachment issues Autism Autism Spectrum Disorder behaviors birth family bonding communication compassion CPS DHS Dr. Bruce Perry emotions family feelings foster care girl inclusion mood disorder negative behaviors negativity neglect nonverbal nonverbal Autism ODD Oppositional Defiance Disorder parenting PTSD RAD Reactive Attachment Disorder Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) special education special needs termination therapy trauma vacation
Top Posts & Pages
- why consequences & rewards don't work for hurting children (adoption/foster)
- it's not "just a kid thing": behaviors in adopted and foster children
- how to help your adopted/foster child sleep (sleep issues part 2)
- why adopted and foster children have sleep issues (sleep issues part 1)
- 10 ways to bond with your adopted or foster child
- attachment in adoption & foster care: the first things we need to know
- orphanages in America & 5 things you can do to help
- should I change my adopted child's name?
- 8 ways to help foster youth who are aging out of the system
- how to teach Autistic children to swim