Great news!!!!! ICWA (Indian Child Welfare Act) found that Jeremiah is not Indian. That part is over. Thank God. If they do find that a child is part Indian they do have the right to take custody, so it was more than a little disconcerting. No worries about that any more. Another one checked off the list!
Tracy Dee Whitt
search for your favorite subjectABA abuse adoption attachment attachment issues Autism Autism Spectrum Disorder behaviors birth family bonding communication compassion CPS DHS Dr. Bruce Perry emotions family feelings foster care girl inclusion mood disorder negative behaviors negativity neglect nonverbal nonverbal Autism ODD Oppositional Defiance Disorder parenting PTSD RAD Reactive Attachment Disorder Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) special education special needs termination therapy trauma vacation
Top Posts & Pages
- why consequences & rewards don't work for hurting children (adoption/foster)
- orphanages in America & 5 things you can do to help
- 10 ways to bond with your adopted or foster child
- how to help your adopted/foster child sleep (sleep issues part 2)
- it's not "just a kid thing": behaviors in adopted and foster children
- inclusion vs exclusion: special needs in the classroom
- should I change my adopted child's name?
- attachment in adoption & foster care: the first things we need to know
- tips on bonding with an adopted or foster child
- why adopted and foster children have sleep issues (sleep issues part 1)