I cannot believe my little girl is 3!!! Let me say it again. Three!!! I will have to go against all writing advice and share the cliche: “Oh how time flies.” Should I add, “When you’re having fun?” ARE we having fun yet? OH YEAH!!!!
Having a toddler presents many exciting times and its fair share of challenges, and when you have Payton for a daughter, you have a few more added to the already full breakfast platter. Despite any challenges that may arise, she is the funnest little girl. Just realized that “funnest” is not really a word. Oh well. Every day with her brings new sayings, words, laughable moments, yelling induced moments, and a whole lot of other interesting occasions to make life more enriching.
And that’s exactly what Payton does, she enriches our lives. I can’t imagine life without her. For one thing, I know it would be super duper boring, and it would have a lot less hugs.
For her birthday, we invited all her friends to Banana’s Fun Park (and to Payton’s dismay there are no real bananas at Banana’s) where they all played on the Bump & Jump’s (the gigantic inflatable jump houses) and enjoyed Tinker Bell cupcakes.
Justin’s parents, sister, and brother-in-law all made it to the party, as well as my parents. What wonderful family we have!
Tracy Dee Whitt
search for your favorite subjectABA abuse adoption attachment attachment issues Autism Autism Spectrum Disorder behaviors birth family bonding communication compassion CPS DHS Dr. Bruce Perry emotions family feelings foster care girl inclusion mood disorder negative behaviors negativity neglect nonverbal nonverbal Autism ODD Oppositional Defiance Disorder parenting PTSD RAD Reactive Attachment Disorder Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) special education special needs termination therapy trauma vacation
Top Posts & Pages
- orphanages in America & 5 things you can do to help
- why consequences & rewards don't work for hurting children (adoption/foster)
- attachment in adoption & foster care: the first things we need to know
- it's not "just a kid thing": behaviors in adopted and foster children
- why adopted and foster children have sleep issues (sleep issues part 1)
- how to help your adopted/foster child sleep (sleep issues part 2)
- tips on bonding with an adopted or foster child
- trauma focused equine therapy (adoption/foster)
- 10 ways to bond with your adopted or foster child
- it's not a pity party if someone else throws it (Autism)