I’m not a fan of New Years resolutions. Probably because I’ve never made a serious one, and all I’ve really witnessed of those who make them is that they don’t follow through. I’ve been in the gym in January, and then again in May, and many of the fitness fanatics who began the year with a bang petered out.
Maybe I don’t make resolutions because I make life decisions throughout the year. Oh, don’t think that I am some idol to worship. Nope, I still don’t work out weekly, I still eat my fair share of chocolate (okay, I’m addicted), and I am not super mom, nor am I an ideal wife. However, if I see an area that needs worked on (and if I can’t see it, God is sure to bring it to the forefront of my mind) I try to fix it. Or, I pray about it, and try.
Just because I don’t make resolutions, it doesn’t mean I don’t have expectations or hopes for the upcoming year. And with those, I also have wishes for you.
If you have a child with Autism:
- I hope your child makes progress this year.
- I hope you find answers to questions that plague your every thought.
- I wish you peace in moments when it seems impossible.
- I hope support comes alongside you and your family.
- I hope you see the amazing child behind the Autism.
- I wish you earplugs during your child’s sensory seeking moments.
If you are contemplating foster care or adoption, or are in the process:
- I wish for clear direction for you and your family, that all of you would be in agreement on.
- I wish for the right child to be placed in your home.
- I hope your family and friends come alongside you and support you.
- I wish you jubilation when you and your child meet.
- I wish for you joy even in the difficult moments.
If you have a hurting child (a child who’s been abused, neglected, and traumatized:
- I wish you peace in the upheaval where you wouldn’t expect it.
- I hope you see progress.
- I hope you find time to be alone with your thoughts.
- I wish that your family would stick together and support one another.
- I hope that support comes alongside you and your family.
- I hope you find solutions to battles that are raging in your home.
Thank you to all who have visited this blog in 2013! May your New Year bring hope and healing!